Monday, November 7, 2011

Louis Blue Cane Back Chair

I was looking through my pictures and realized I have not shared a re-make I did of a cane back chair.

I found this chair at a local re-sale shop in really sad shape.  Here it is before and excuse the mess in the background this my work area in my yard. I’m hoping soon to remodel my portable storage building as a shop. Can’t wait!

bluecanebefore
Sad huh? It was really nasty I couldn’t use the cushion yuck!

bluecanechair

This was my first attempt at a faux grain sack.  My lines are quite crooked (sigh, I can’t seem to draw a straight line) but I liked the look as I wanted it to look hand done not for everyone I know. I painted the chair with “Old White” ASCP then applied a wash of “Louis Blue” and waxed then distressed.
bluecanechair2_edited-1
The “grain sack” (have you seen the prices for real ones?Whew) was painted with “Louis Blue” stripes and a graphic from the Graphics Fairy website. You know I could have Photoshopped some straight lines but I’m not trying to be perfect on here I’m trying to encourage you and let you know hey it doesn’t have to be perfect your first time just go for it!

The chair is now at my booth in King’s Antiques, Shreveport, Louisiana in all its imperfect glory and hey I’m having a 20% off sale right now so you’ll get a really great buy!
bluecanechair

Hope you enjoyed this before and after and OMGosh you haven't  forgotten to enter to win the $50 Wal Mart gift card I’m giving away have you?! Surprised smile  Quick go here to enter.

Happy decorating!


I'm sharing with these lovely ladies parties:




4 comments:

Dina said...

It looks great now Peggy! Straight lines are overrated and if you wouldn't have been telling I wouldn't even have been guessing that they are not straight! ;))
Love it!

Ika Verunica said...

Prekrasno si je uredila..

Mari said...

Hello Peggy~love how your chair turned out :) It turned out really great :)
Hope your foot is getting better :)

xo~Mari

Catherine said...

Hello Peggy, the world is really small as I'm writting from the other side of the Ocean (Paris, France) and I'm in the middle of a very similar project. For straight lines, best is to use brown tape on your linen, this way your lines will always be even. Love your chair.

Total Pageviews

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...