Monday, November 28, 2011

I’m Sharing My Girly Christmas Tree :-)

Hello everyone I took a little break during the Thanksgiving Holiday but I’m back to work and decorating for Christmas.

I decided to get a new smaller tree this year so I went to Wal Mart and bought a white tree about six foot in height, with lights, for only $39!
On Black Friday I waited until after lunch (thinking I would miss the crowds Ha) and met up with my friend, Penny, at Hobby Lobby.  I wanted a pink, silver, and white tree so we proceeded to look for silver and pink ornaments, ribbon, and other trimmings.

Here are some of the decorations we found, some I purchased at the end of season sales last year, and a couple I picked up at Wal Mart.

christtree3
Ballet Slippers

christtree2
Mercury glass spindle thingy

christtree4
Ballerina

christtree5
A butterfly brooch would be nice

christtree6
Of course we have to have a handbag Princess

christtree7
Every girly girl needs a ribbon


christtree8
A pretty cross necklace wouldn’t hurt


christtree11
Some angelic music

christtree9
Of course you’ve gotten all dressed up so there must be dancing


christtree14
A little white haired man bearing gifts is always nice

And for good luck…

christtree10
A little elf mouse!  I do not know if this is from the German side of my family, the French side, or if somewhere along the way someone just made it up, but we always had a mouse on the tree for good luck.  Anyone else ever heard of this tradition?


christtree12
Next I used about four rolls of silvery ribbon to drape down the tree and to make a large bow topper. (Please ignore 1980’s wall paper border and painted paneling lol)

And finally to finish off our girly tree what else but a pink tutu!
christtree13
Unfortunately I have not done any shopping for gifts yet but I did have this pretty Paris box that seem just perfect until I get a few gifts all wrapped up and under the tree.

I’m not through with my tree it still needs some more color and I will continue to add to it over the next few days. 
christtree1
After looking at this pictures I can see some areas that need tweaking.  Oh, well right now I am painting and will share a finished piece of furniture tomorrow.

Hope you enjoyed my girly tree until next time happy decorating.


I'm sharing with these lovely ladies parties.








The Stuff of Success




{Primp}
>



4 comments:

Mari said...

Hi Penny, your white tree is looking beautiful :) love all of your ornies!!

xo~Mari

Kathleen said...

Penny, I think your tree is beautiful! I too have a white tree. I love the mercury glass ornament. Thanks for sharing. Kathleen

Peggy said...

Hey Peggy - the tree is really lovely - "Pretty in Pink"....I need to get busy and haul out my tree too!
Peggy

Rosemary@villabarnes said...

Oh Peggy, I LOVE your girly tree. The ornaments compliment it so well. Beautiful!

Total Pageviews

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...