Saturday, August 27, 2011

Two Before & Afters

Today I've been so busy going to visit a cousin who is not well and stopping at a local flea market for some things for my booth. I found some great nick-knacks and a couple of mirrors.  I love to redo mirrors. :-)

My booth is nearly empty so I have been hard at work getting some more furniture ready to take next Tuesday. I thought I would take a minute out to share a couple of things I just finished with you.

First is an old mirror that probably went with a dresser at one time.  It is a very heavy solid wood mirror with a fan like design at the top. Here's the before.

...please ignore my terrible carport with half finished projects.



Here's the after.

...hmm mirror looks great.  Reflection? not so much



I also just finished a antique rocker. I am certainly not a professional upholsterer but like I have blogged about before  my Grandmother recovered her chairs so like her out of  necessity I taught myself the basics.  Upholstery is not my favorite thing to do so I don't recover a complete chair very often. Here's the before.


And here's the after.




Okay, I know you have an old mirror or an old chair just sitting around collecting dust.  Get out your material and a paint brush!  If I can do it anybody can.

3 comments:

Divine Upholstery & Decor LLC said...

I love the black and white chair lovely, my kinda style.

Lesa said...

I have a chair like this and can't figure out how to re-cover. PLEASE give me details/instructions.....Yours is BEAUTIFUL. just found your blog and luv it. Thank you. Eager to hear from you.

PJH Designs said...

Sorry Lesa you didn't give me anyway to get in touch with you. I also don't know if detail instructions would help without you seeing me doing the actual work but I will be glad to tell you how I did it. You can email me at pjhdesignsinfo@gmail.com

Total Pageviews

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...