Friday, August 12, 2011

Delightful Buffet

I really enjoyed working on this piece and I think it turned out lovely.  Here is the before picture:


Don't you just love those huge gold drawer pulls and wood appliques? lol  Okay here it is after I finished:






First of all I had to sand & strip two layers of paint as it was peeling off because whoever painted it did not prime the piece first.  If I had painted over it more than likely my paint would have peeled off also.
I removed all the different latches from the inside of the doors as none of them matched and my husband put in magnet latches.  I counted pieces of three different types off latches in each door. 


I then painted the buffet with "Old White" chalk paint two coats and then antiqued it with an Espresso acrylic paint. After that dried I applied a wash of the "Old White" chalk paint using 3 parts water 1 part paint. After that I waxed the entire piece with a light colored wax leaving it to dry without buffing.


As you can see I then painted the inside of the drawers and areas behind the doors with a beautiful spring green.  I love that surprise of a lovely color every time you open the drawer. 


I decided to use the original brass knobs just removing the large wood applique behind them. I sprayed them with a brown textured paint then dry bushed with the "Old White" chalk paint to bring out the lovely floral details. They almost look good enough to eat!  I then waxed the entire piece again with a light colored wax and did not buff as I wanted that aged look.




I hope you enjoyed this before and after.  I have several pieces I am working on and will share more soon.


I'm sharing with the following lovely parties:

Wednesday
Wow Us Wednesday



1 comment:

Deborah March said...

Absolutely positively STUNNING re-do!!

Total Pageviews

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...