Sunday, July 17, 2011

Great Antique Stores Found On My Vacation

Hello everyone I enjoyed my vacation so much but as always glad to be home sleeping in my own bed. :-)


I thought I'd share the great antique shops I found while in Pigeon Forge, Tennessee. Yes, I know, you thought it was just another Branson, Missouri on steroids, but they also have fabulous antique shops in the area and a nice flea market that unfortuately was closed while I was there.


I found some great items including a pair of lovely, vintage, pressed glass lamps with pressed glass shades I plan to put into my bedroom I am re-decorating, a Gen. Robert E. Lee whiskey decanter for my husband (he collects them but he doesn't drink! lol), a nice vintage school desk, a beautiful Martha Washington style bedspread (also for the bedroom redo), and other odds & ends.


One shop I really liked was Castle Antiques. Below is a picture and it is on the main street where all the shows, rides, etc. are so it is easy to find. It was a smaller store but had very good prices.  If your like me you like to go to shops that aren't so fancy where you can dig through items and find the great bargains so I thought I would share the locations of the ones we found.


Here are the directions to find more great antique stores off the strip. From Interstate 40 take Sevierville/Pigeon Forge exit South drive through Sevierville into Pigeon Forge watch for Hwy #3 (they are numbered) which will be Wears Valley Rd. take a right. You will see the first antique shops in about a mile and then more about 10 miles out all along the highway. It is a beautiful winding drive that's worth the trip and everyone was so friendly. I wanted to buy one of those cabins on the side of the mountain and just stay there!


The temperatures were a little better there than here only in the 90's and less humid. I was not happy to come back to over 100 degrees plus heat index making it around 110!


Here is the pic of the first place I mentioned on the main strip in Pigeon Forge where I bought my lovely glass lamps with glass shades. I will share pics of the items I bought later.  The Antique Castle.





The next shop is on the Wears Valley Rd and if your interested the man who owns it is ready to retire and its for sale!  Wears Valley Antique Mall.



There are many more antique shops in Gatlinburg but unfortunately did not have time to visit all of them. (sigh). I hope this helps you on your next trip to Tennessee and if you have never been it is a wonderful trip their is nothing like the Smokey Mountains just beautiful.


No comments:

Total Pageviews

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...