Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Pillow Talk..And A Sneak Peek

I found the following vintage chenille bedspread a few weeks ago and just fell in love with it! I love the colors and  the design but alas, it had several stains on it and no amount of scrubbing would get them out.  So, I made pillows out of it and they turned out so cute. I loved the back of the spread as much as the front and in the following pictures you will see I used that side on some of the pillows.  I also used a really pretty pink and white floral fabric on a couple.

I think for the spread to be so old the colors and design are pretty modern. Hope you like them. These are for sale at $30 for large, $20 for medium, and $15 for small.  Here are some pictures.

The Spread



The Pillows









Also, talking pillows (got ya'll didn't I for shame on you lol) I saw the following ad in a magazine for a French chair cushion and really wanted one but did not want to pay $80 for it! So I decided to make my own.


I tea dyed a flour sack towel and using Picnik soft ware combined the text and a rooster print I got from the "The Graphics Fairy" and using T-shirt transfer paper ironed it on my material. The other one that I haven't sewn yet I traced and painted in the letters and ironed on the rooster.  Whew, to much work.

I dyed it with coffee but it was too much of a yellow brown so after drying I then tea dyed it also and just love the way it turned out.  


The one I finished is quite large and would fit a rocker or larger chair, but you could also make them for dining chairs.  


Here are the pictures starting with the magazine ad.








Now here is mine :-)












As promised in the title here is a sneak peek at one of the projects I'm working on.




Bits & pieces





(This project is now finished you may view it here 


Thanks for stopping by.

Visit thecsiproject.com

1 comment:

Taryn @ Design, Dining + Diapers said...

Visiting from the CSI Project! Cute pillows, love the different sizes!

Total Pageviews

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...